The information added to this ePortfolio showcases the reference skills I have learned in this course. It may include written assignments, service learning assignments, and links.
I will highlight knowledge and techniques that will help an employer know how my skill set will match with a particular position in a library setting.
These projects will reflect my grasp of:
- The role and scope of library technical service units, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Issues relate to collection development and management.
- Basic library acquisitions practices and issues for print, non-print, digital, and subscription resources.
- Cataloging and classification principles and practices, including: description, access, subject analysis, classification, and copy cataloging.
- Techniques and issues in preparation and processing of physical materials and electronic access.