G is for…
Demonstrate the understanding of basic principles and standards involved in organizing information such as classification and controlled vocabulary systems, cataloging systems, metadata schemas or other systems for making information accessible to a particular clientele.
- INFO 202: Exercise 2: Vocabulary Design Basics
- INFO 202: Information Retrieval System Design—Project Two: Database Design and Subject Analysis
Statement of Competency
- Shows knowledge and application of official standards for organizing a particular kind of information
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, de facto standards, and best practices for organizing information in physical and virtual environments
- Applies standards and principles to make information accessible